Wednesday 14 July 2010

July 14 2010


After lunch Toby and dad got into dad's car and drove away. Mum said they were going back home. When dad rang up to say they had got there safely he told mum it was thundering and lightnening and Toby was frightened. "Typical" explained mum "the day after BW announces the closure of the Leeds and Liverpool Canal because of a water shortage it absolutely buckets down". The weather here has been ok. There has even been some sunshine and only a little bit of rain.


Mum was really pleased to get a message from Rag's mum. I'm looking forward to meeting Rags and his people sometime.

It is really strange without Toby. I've bounced around trying to find someone to play with. For the first time mum got really cross with me. I've never tried to share her food before. I didn't realise I wasn't allowed to take things off her plate but the Brie cheese smelt really tempting. I've also discovered that if I climb up the cushions of the settee I can wrap myself around her neck. It's a pity she doesn't like me chewing her hands. I didn't mean to make her hand bleed. I think she still loves me though.
Mum and I have been playing chuck-it. This is much easier without Toby who always takes the ball from me. I can chase the ball and bring it back now although I am not always good at dropping the ball when mum says "drop it". Mum is also extremely pleased with me because I have discovered I don't need my convenient place to go to the loo, I can go outside anywhere when I need to and she cleans up after me. Every time she takes me out she says "do a wee" and I think I know what she wants me to do. She keeps telling me what a good dog I am! We have also been trying to do Trust and Paid For but I get too excited to sit and wait. I'm not really sure what she wants me to do.
I wonder what is going to happen at bedtime?


No comments:

Post a Comment