Sunday 11 July 2010

11 July 2010

What a strange day I have had. I thought something odd was going on last night when mum and dad were packing bags. "We're going to be boat dogs" said mum, and Toby got all excited but I couldn't fathom out what all the fuss was for. This morning I woke up at 4.30 and called for mum or dad to come and get me out of my yard. Mum came but she wasn't pleased to see me like she usually is. She took me inside and put me on my lead (the chain one that I can't chew through) and made me lie still in my bed for hours.

When everyone finally got up something really strange happened. Mum put me on my lead again (this time the stretchy one) and we went out of the front door and out of the front gate. I was so excited that I got us all tangled up around the first tree. Eventually we got going but it took me a while to work out that I shouldn't try to put my feet exactly where mum was trying to put hers. People kept stopping us to talk about me. They all said I was beautiful and asked how old I am and what my name is. We met a huge black labradog in the pub car park but he made me feel scared and I tried to hide under mum's legs. I wasn't that keen on the cars going past either. When we got back home Toby was so pleased to see me and mum told everyone I was a very good dog.

So far so good but then mum got upset. She had all the things ready to put in the car but then Ivan said there was a nail in her tyre. She kept going on about things always stopping her from going to the boat. This is a bad thing but I thought maybe I wouldn't have to go in that car again so I wasn't really bothered. Eventually all the bags got loaded into the car. Toby and dad got into dad's car and went to see Grandma Rosie while Ivan, mum and I got into the other car. Mum had a new trick up her sleeve. She sprayed lovely smelling stuff all over my bed and the back of the car and then put me on a very short lead so that I couldn't jump about. We drove to a garage place to get the tyre fixed but the man said we had to wait in a queue for an hour or so. Mum was really fed up and decided that we should leave the car and walk to Annabel and Lydia's house to wait until the car was ready. I was pleased because it meant I wouldn't have to sit in the car and be sick.

I had a lovely time walking along. There were so many different smells and different things to look at. The cars didn't seem so scary this time. Annabel and Katie played with me for ages until Adam drove us back to the garage to get the car. It was lunchtime by now. Mum put me back in the car and we drove for ages and ages until the car stopped at Sandbach and we got out for a sniff around. I didn't feel too bad and I hadn't been sick but I really needed to go the loo in my own garden. I couldn't find anywhere suitable to go! When we got back in the car I was sick!

Eventually we arrived at the marina and there, waiting for us, were dad and Toby. We were all so pleased to see each other. Mum let me walk around without a lead and I was a really good dog just staying near to her. Actually, I was a bit nervous of the other dogs and I still couldn't find my own loo. The afternoon was very warm and we all went to sleep. When we woke up mum gave me my tea and then we went out for another walk. I really needed to go and mum was so pleased with me when I did what I had to on the grass.

The boat is all right really although I don't like the pontoons. When you walk on them they wobble and you can see the water underneath. I yelped a bit when mum tried to make me get off the boat and jumped back inside through the side hatch. Mum and dad both laughed. The next time I went back to the boat I tried to be really brave and I walked to the front and watched what Toby did to get back on board and then copied him.

Dad is sitting watching something called the World Cup on the television and mum is sitting outside with her crochet and the computer. I think I am going back to sleep because so much has happened to me today. I have spent all the other days so far just playing in the garden or rolling round the floor inside the house. I never knew there was so much outside the front gate. I wonder where I will go to sleep tonight because I can't see my kennel anywhere and my bed is all wet from when mum washed it and is now on the roof of the boat dripping.

No comments:

Post a Comment