Thursday 15 July 2010

15 July 2010

It's raining now and cold and miserable but mum and I have just been out playing chuck-it before it gets too dark. Every time mum says " do a wee" today I empty my bladder but I think it is because she is recognising when I am going to go. If it makes her happy and tell me what a good dog I am and strokes my ears I shall keep obliging.



We've not done much today. Guess what? Last night I slept with mum on the bed and we didn't wake up until eight o'clock. After we had been out we went back to bed and didn't get up for ages. Mum had a shower and I helped her clean out the shower but she told me stop it.



The sun was out so mum took the covers off the front and we sat outside for ages drinking coffee (well, mum did) and watching the ducks and their ducklings, the swans and their cygnets and the moorhens and their babies. Mum doesn't know what they are called. I've been very good and not tried to chase anything except the chuck-it ball. Later on we walked round to the Elsan with the bucket. I thought this was a very strange thing and you should have heard me howl when she tied my up and left me to go into the shed. On the way back we met a collie dog and her people. She was on a lead so I got all brave and bounced around her. I still don't like all the big dogs though and run between mum's legs when I see them so she can protect me.



The most exciting things today were the man cutting the reeds back at the edge of the pontoon and the man who was working on Millie, the boat next to us. While mum was washing up after lunch I got off the boat all by myself to help the man cutting the reeds. I thought this was really good fun and when mum realised I had got off and came to find me. I played a really fun game of catch me if you can. When she eventually caught me I decided to go on board Millie and explore. The man on board said I was very nice but had very sharp puppy teeth. Mum pulled me off and told me to get back on board Jennyanydots. I was so excited that I slipped! I hadn't realised that stuff under the boat was so wet but mum caught me and only my back legs and tummy got wet. She pulled me back on board our boat. I didn't want to get off again later. I must remember to be much more careful in future.



We have done a lot of sleeping and a fair amount of crochet today. I've helped mum by pulling loads of the thread but she didn't really seem to mind. We've also played a lot of trust and paid for. I know what she wants me to do but I get so excited that I can't sit still for very long. I was much more controlled at tea time though and waited until mum said I could I have my food.



Mum's put the radiator on for a while now because it has gone chilly. We are also using one of the new lights. It is much better than the old ones.



I don't know what we will be doing tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment