Tuesday 13 July 2010

13 July 2010

"Zac is an incredibly good little dog" said mum to dad this morning. I slept really well last night and when dad wanted me to go out for a wee at 5.00 a.m I didn't really want to go but at proper getting up time I was happy to get off the boat by myself without being lifted down and I quickly found my convenient place.

Mum and dad talked about taking the boat out of the marina but the weather forecast was saying rain for later on. In the event they decided to have an early lunch and then go by car to Shobnall Marina at Burton on Trent to get the lights mum had ordered. We all got in the car and I managed to get to B&Q in Burton without being sick. Mum bought a shelf and then we drove round the corner to the boat place. Toby and I got out of the car and we went inside the chandlery. Mum bought two new lights and the man there showed her how to wire them up. He said "It's the easiest thing. There are two wires and if you connect them the wrong way the lights won't work so just do it the other way". Mum was a bit dubious. The man gave me and Toby a Markie each and after we had eaten them we got back in the car.

The Markie was a mistake. I was sick again!

By the time we arrived back at Jennyanydots it was pouring with rain again.

Mum found her screwdrivers and undid one of the lights in the boat so that she could put the new one in its place. The man at Shobnall was right, there were two wires but mum couldn't see how to connect the new ones or fasten the light to the ceiling. She put the old one back!

No comments:

Post a Comment