Thursday 23 September 2010

September 2010




Mum took these pictures of me and Toby at Tixall Lock because when we got to the lock going the other way there was nearly a disaster. I didn't understand about locks and had always been on the lead on the boat before but this time they let me get off with dad. Mum stayed at the bottom of the lock and held the rope while dad went and set the lock. When the lock was ready mum set off away from the bank and I suddenly thought she was going without me. I ran down from the lock and Jennyanydots was already quite a long way from the bank but I didn't think and I just leapt for the boat. It was almost too far and only my front legs managed to grab the boat. I was scared and mum was scared but I managed to scrabble on board. It's a good job they have that thick rubber matting on the counter. Anyway, although my legs still go in different directions I understand about locks and "on board" much better now and so on the way back I co-operated with sitting by the sign so mum could take my picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment