Sunday 19 September 2010

19 September 2010

We are on our way back now.

This morning we woke up in a place called Norbury Junction. When we arrived there yesterday it was pouring down and we were all soaking. Toby wouldn't stay inside the cabin with me and so he had to be rubbed dry with towels. This morning it was still raining so mum and dad waited until the weather brightened up a bit and then we set off. We turned round at the boatyard and then they stopped the boat. Toby and I were tied up on our leads while mum and dad went into the chandlery to buy a new coalbucket and some coal. You should have heard me howl. Toby escaped and went to look for them inside the cafe. We also had to wait for two men to come and "pump out" for us. It was very smelly.

Eventually we set off and it was really boring. We just kept going and all there was for me to do was go to sleep. Then, mum slowed the boat down and dad took us for a walk. I kept being really naughty bouncing Toby and biting his neck. It was just so good to be able to move around again for a while. We had to get back onto the boat until we got to Wheaton Aston Lock when I helped mum hold the boat by pulling at the rope. At tea time we stopped at the same place we were at the day before yesterday at Brewood. Mum found a boat selling tiller pins and while she was choosing some new cats (cats, I ask you!?) I played for ages with a new friend called Rocky. He was a cairn terrier and although I am much bigger he was definitely in charge. Toby was relieved because I left him alone for a while. Mum and and dad say that I have grown a lot and I'm now huge. taking up loads of space on the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment