Thursday 28 June 2012

Spring time 2012

After four months away from Jennyanydots the full crew returned at the beginning of March.  On this first visit since mum's latest operation the glass in the door of the fire cracked and the engine wouldn't start.  Good old RCR fixed the engine and mum took the door back home to get new glass fitted.  On the next visit a few weeks later it was just mum, me and Lydia.  I was naughty and ran off over the bridge and nearly got hit by a car.  Mum was very upset because she should have put me on the lead.  Lydia loved playing pirates on the rusty boat.
Our trip to Tixall Wide.

We paid a few more weekend visits to Kings Bromley Marina, mum and I even went out by ourselves and moored on the towpath near Handsacre.  Then on April 12 Liz, Annabel and Lydia joined me and mum for a trip to Tixall Wide.  Lydia was so excited to go shopping by boat when we stopped at Rugely to stock up the fridge.  We moored up there for the night and the next day we went up two locks and eventually arrived at Tixall Wide.  I was a bit puzzled by the locks but I soon remembered what to do and this time I didn't fall in.  It was lovely at the wide place.  Annabel took me for a walk and I went swimming.  We had a barbecue and watched the swans nesting on the other side of the wide.

In May dad and Toby came with us to the boat and we all took Lydia back to Tixall Wide.  Lydia also wanted to go to Fradley but there wasn't time to go by boat so we all went by car from the marina before we went home.  We took dad and Toby for a walk round the Fradley nature reserve.  Lydia loves it there.

At the end of May mum and I spent another weekend in the marina getting the boat ready for the first proper trip in a few weeks.  She finished the cats cabin crochet she has been making for years.  I spent a lot of time splashing in the stream with Bingo but didn't really get to play with Lewis and my other doggy friends at the marina.  When we left to go home the boat was clean and tidy and all ready for Jennyanydots's  trip to the Ashby Canal in June.

No comments:

Post a Comment