Friday 29 June 2012

24 June 2012

When we woke up it wasn't raining but it was still cold.  There were showers as we went down the Atherstone Locks.  Liz was off the boat doing the locks and mum and I kept getting on and off to do the paddles on the other side.  At first I was a bit confused but I soon learnt that I had to jump back onto the boat quickly as it started to go down after mum had opened the paddle. 

the last lock going down Atherstone in the cold, wet and wind
We eventually moored up back at Pooley Nature Reserve.  I liked it there especially when mum played chuck it with me in the trees.  I never knew where the ball was going to go so I had to keep watching very carefully.  It was lovely and warm inside the boat because mum had lit the fire.  She kept looking into the bilges because the bilge pump didn't seem to be working properly unless she switched it on.  There looked like a lot of water around the engine and mum tried mopping it out.  Mum also got dad to use Facetime on his new IPAD so it was fun to hear Toby barking and dad talking.

No comments:

Post a Comment