Friday 29 June 2012

22 June 2012

Today was Toby's birthday so mum sent him a message from me.  It was raining and very windy with some bursts of incredibly heavy rain.  Mum and Liz were absolutely soaking by the time we got to Hawkesbury Junction.  By the time we arrived in Coventry Basin it had stopped raining but was still very windy.  Mum and Liz took me into the city centre.  I had never been anywhere like it before but they said that I was a very good boy.  As the afternoon wore on I got more and more desperate because there wasn't any grass so where was I supposed to wee and poo?  Eventually mum found a lovely little garden down by the bridge at the entrance to the basin and it was perfect for me.

I  wonder what the man is saying to Liz
I stayed close to mum but I didn't like it very much
We walked round the basin and looked at the other boats.  There was a statue of a man called Brindley.  It was so big and black and still that I got frightened and growled and barked at it.  Mum didn't seem bothered so I just stayed close to her.
Sailing through the narrow bridge into Coventry Basin



It stayed dry but very windy all the time we were moored in the basin.  The people cooked and ate the goat for their evening meal.  They said it was like lamb but tougher and needed cooking for longer.  We had a very quiet night.

No comments:

Post a Comment