Friday 29 June 2012

20 June 2012

Another absolutely glorious day. On the way to the end of the canal we saw a boat called The Water House. That was what mum and dad were going to call their first boat. We had to go through a tunnel to get to the terminus. Mum and Liz were a bit anxious about it because they aren't that keenon tunnels. I was a bit scared but I was a very good dog and did exactly what mum told me to and just lay down on the deck. When we got to the end we moored for lunch and ate bacon butties. We walked up to the new part of the canal and I was so happy because I was allowed to go swimming at the new slipway. On the way back I played with a new friend called Jack. We moored up for the night back at Market Bosworth. Mum was happy because she was able to walk up towards the village and post some post cards. She has never been able to walk well enough to do that before. It was such a lovely evening we all sat out on the deck until after 10.00 pm.

The work being done to restore the Ashby Canal.  Apparently this new bit is leaking and they can't find out why so it is being lined with stuff similar to the lining on the Montgomery Canal.


"Do I have to get out of the water now?  I want to stay longer"



No comments:

Post a Comment