Saturday 7 August 2010

7 August 2010

This morning when we woke up it was raining. Mum and dad decided to move the boat up above Great Haywood Lock so that dad could go shopping for a paper and mum could get rid of the rubbish and fill up the water bottle. This time when we got near the lock dad jumped off and mum drove the boat into the lock when he opened the gates. Then she did something really strange. She got off the boat too and left me and Toby in charge. She hadn't put me on my lead because I had been really good and I didn't know what to do, so I just lay down small and whimpered. Toby didn't didn't seem at all bothered. Mum and dad closed the gates and while mum held a rope to keep the boat still dad filled the lock with water. I was so relieved when the boat came up and I could see mum. She told me to stay so I didn't jump off and she was very pleased with me. Then we moored up again and I was very excited. I forgot the rules and just jumped off and onto the next boat. Mum was very cross.

When dad got back from shopping they had lunch and then mum, Toby and I went for a walk to take the rubbish. I met a lovely collie dog and played with him but forgot about mum. She had to put me on my lead but to make up for being naughty I walked to heel for her very sensibly.

Then we set off again, but it poured with rain and mum was driving the boat holding an umbrella.

No comments:

Post a Comment