Saturday 7 August 2010

7 August 2010



When we woke up yesterday mum and and dad were talking about things called locks and what they should do about me. I wasn't too sure about getting on and off the boat again but mum got a windlass and took me and Toby and we walked up to a very muddy track and then to the lock. They called it "Cowshit Lock" but its proper name is Colwich Lock. She pushed the gates open and dad drove the boat into the lock. Mum closed the gates and then filled the lock with water and the boat came up to my level. Mum said "on board" but I was frightened so she had to pick me up. We then set off again.

After quite a long time we stopped near Shugborough Hall and moored up. It started to rain. I practised getting on and off and soon got very good at it. I had a go at getting on the next boat too, but the people didn't mind. They said I was a nice puppy. Eventually mum got quite cross with me because I wasn't following the rules. Apparently dogs have to sit and stay on the deck at the back of the boat and wait until they are told they can get off. Mum made me get back on and practise staying. We stayed here for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment