Monday 30 May 2011

Sunday and Monday at the BMBC Rally

It all got quite boring on Sunday morning. We went round to a big tent where there were loads of people sitting. More people came, wearing their best clothes and some with fancy chains round their necks (I don't think they were supposed to be collars and leads!), and sat at the front and there was lots of clapping. I began to whinge after a while. Mum got really excited because Go Placidly won the quiz prize and Angela had to go to the front to get the prize. Then mum took me out and we went back to the doggy garden place where I played chasing with two other retrievers and loads of other dogs. In the afternoon mum put me on the lead and we all walked right down to the end of the canal by the locks. It was the furthest she has walked since the new knee so she was pleased.

This morning, Monday, it was raining but we set off sailing as soon as we were ready. Mum drove the boat after a while and Angela took Rags and me for a walk. Rags was really naughty, she ran off and Angela couldn't find her. Mum called me back on board and eventually Angela found a very muddy but very pleased with herself dog. We sailed for ages after that and the mums were pleased that the rain eventually stopped just before we got back to the moorings at Lymm. All the stuff got loaded back into the cars, only I sat in my usual place this time, and we set off for home and to see dad and Toby.

We had a brilliant weekend. Mum says a million times " a huge thank you" to Angela for being so kind and for giving us such a lovely little holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment