Monday 30 May 2011

Spring Bank Holiday Weekend Adventure

Mum and I haven't long been home. We've had a wonderful adventure although at first I thought it was all a bit strange. We've been boat dogs but not on Jennyanydots. Instead, we have spent the weekend on a boat called Go Placidly with mum's friend Angela and her Jack Russell called Rags.

We left home on Friday morning. The car was so full of stuff I couldn't fit in my usual place right at the back and I had to squash in on the back seat. We drove for about 40 minutes and then stopped in a narrow lane next to a canal in a place called Lymm. There were loads of boats moored in a long line along the canal side. Angela came and she got most of the stuff out of our car because mum still can't carry that much because of her new knee. It all got piled up inside the boat. I sniffed around and I wasn't sure where I was supposed to go or what to do. Then we got back in the car and drove back down the lane to a car park. The cars got locked up. Rags and I weren't sure whether to be friends or not but we walked back up the moorings and I got more and more excited. Mum said that we had to walk a long way and she was going slowly but we got back to Go Placidly and mum climbed very carefully on board. She was quite nervous because she didn't know if she could bend her leg enough but it was all fine.

There was a bit of a problem at first when we all went inside. Rags and I had a big quarrel and mum asked Angela if she should get me sent home! Anyway, we all settled down and the boat began to move. After hours and hours mum had a turn at driving the boat and said I could get off with Angela and Rags. I had a wonderful stretch-my-legs gallop up and down and once I remembered I was with Angela it was all fine. Rags and I had a bit of an adventure. We ran into a field where there were sheep and cows and Rags got really excited. I remembered that sheep are naughty and I went back to Angela and then Rags came because she didn't want her mum messing with another dog. I got back onto the boat with mum and then in a little while Angela and Rags jumped on board and we sailed on for more hours and hours.

Eventually we got to a place called Runcorn where there were over a hundred boats all meeting up for a Rally. It was so exciting seeing so many people and dogs and boats but mum says I was very good.

Rags and I kept on quarrelling a little bit but at bedtime she went with Angela and I went with mum. Mum put my blanket of the bed and I spent all night jumping up next to her and then getting down for a sleep on the floor. I really liked cuddling up to mum.

No comments:

Post a Comment