Sunday 15 May 2011

Afloat again at last



Mum has been really happy. It's not quite six weeks since she had her new knee but we've been on Jennyanydots for four days. She managed to climb on board without too much difficulty but getting off was a lot more difficult. She and dad decided that until she can get off safely it's better to stay in the marina.


On Saturday afternoon we all got in the car and drove to a place called Hopwas on the Coventry Canal and I was so surprised! Instead of leaving me and Toby in the car like they usually do we all got out and went into this big place with loads of tables and big umbrellas. It was a good job there were umbrellas because it started to pour with rain! Anyway, there were bits of food under the tables and all sorts of interesting things to sniff. Mum and dad got some food and they shared some of it with Toby and me. We were in a pub called the Tame Otter. Mum and dad seemed very pleased to be there. Apparently the place where I had my first pub meal was the same place as Foxy, the dog they had before me, had her last pub meal before she died last year.


We had some interesting times while we were on the boat. When we first got there they couldn't make any water come out of the taps and eventually mum rang up the boat place that had fitted the new pump. A man came at eight o'clock the next morning to fix the water and, you'll never guess what? Mum was so embarassed - she hadn't turned the new stop tap back on properly! That was all that was wrong.


Although it was ages since we were last at the marina I could remember where everything was and I absolutely loved jumping into the water to catch bits of leaves and sticks. Mum and dad weren't so pleased though because I got wet and muddy. I remembered lots of my doggy friends and we played chase and bounce. The only naught thing I did was running off with Ruby a Staffy. We had a brilliant game but her mum caught me and fastened me up with Ruby's lead. Dad was cross.


On the way home they filled up the dog part of the car with all sorts of stuff, including a table, and Toby and I had to travel back on the back seat. I was a bit upset about this at first but then decided I liked being so near mum, so I curled up and went to sleep until we arrived back home.

Annabel and Lydia came with their mum and dad when we got home to say "Happy Birthday" to my mum.


We've all had a lovely time and mum can't wait until we go boating again.

No comments:

Post a Comment