Tuesday 21 June 2011

18,19, 20 June 2011

After we left Fishers Mill Bridge we went back to Fazely Junction where mum and dad put more water in the tank and got rid of all the rubbish. It had taken me a couple of days but once I understood the routine I just stayed calm and enjoyed lying on the deck watching out of the doors. I didn't need to be tied up all the time or have the doors closed. We stopped near Hademore Farm Bridge for the night but there were other boats and other dogs so I couldn't just play out on the towpath by myself.

Sunday was a beautiful sunny morning but very windy and we set off for Fradley Junction where we moored up for lunch. In the afternoon we went up the locks again and I had to be tied up because I couldn't work out what dad was doing or where he was some of the time. It was also quite busy and mum had to stand and hold the boat for ages at Woodend Lock. This made her complain that her leg was hurting. The culvert at the ground paddle was blocked so the lock filled up extremely slowly. We moored in a quiet place above the lock and I really liked it there. I ran and ran and ran but mum and dad decided there were too many flies so we set off back to the marina. We travelled with the hood up but mum said it was very stressful avoiding the trees and going so slowly to get under the bridge safely.

We woke up in the marina on Monday morning. Mum and dad were really busy using a hoover and mopping the floors and cleaning everywhere. I was bored but I was very good and didn't run off around the marina by myself. After lunch we packed up the car and set off back to Lancashire.

Mum said that she had really enjoyed herself but was very tired. She was so pleased to have managed to do the trip but said that she wasn't ready yet to plan a big adventure.

1 comment:

  1. I am really impressed with your good and well written post.Chartering a excellent yacht is the greatest luxury of the sea; your personal private cruise, with nothing at all to do except loosen up.

    Learn to sail Sydney

    ReplyDelete