Tuesday 21 June 2011

16 June 2011

My people unloaded the car and put everything away inside the boat. Toby and I were so excited and I was a bit naughty running around the marina. We set off and went down three locks. I didn't remember anything about locks and I was so excited when we stopped at the first one that they got really cross with me and I had to be tied up for ages.

It rained a bit but eventually we stopped at a place called Whittington. While mum and dad were tying up the boat Toby and I took some toys onto the towpath and played pulling and growling. I didn't know that if I stepped backwards I would fall into the canal! Dad pulled me out over the piling and I'll be more careful in future.


Mum and dad wanted a cup of tea so they put the kettle on the stove but then the gas ran out. When they looked in the gas locker to change the bottle they found dead fish, a nest made of chewed up carrier bags and loads of pooey stuff like green earthworms. Someone had been living there. Toby and I were really interested and spent ages sniffing but the animal wasn't there. Mum thinks it might have been a water vole although she didn't think they ate fish.


We had a lovely evening and I really liked it being on the towpath again. It took me most of the day to calm down and stop being so excited and jumpy. At bedtime Toby went to sleep on the settee and I settled down next to mum and dad's bed for the night.



No comments:

Post a Comment