Saturday 26 February 2011

We are all still being boat dogs. The boat is nice and warm now but you should have heard the rain falling on the roof last night. This morning the little stream by the mooring was very full and flowing fast. Mum wouldn't let us go anywhere near it.

During the morning the nice man from the tractor, Ian, came and hammered some wood over the huge gap we needed to jump over to get on and off the boat. It wasn't much of a problem for me, dad was Ok with it but Toby and mum struggled. Mum took some photos of Ian doing the work and when it was finished but, she says she's being stupid, and she has done something to the camera card so we can't put the pictures of it happening on the blog. Never mind, but thank you so much Ian.

While Ian was working Bradley, the little black dog from yesterday, walked past with his mum. My mum was pleased to be able to talk to Bradley's mum and say sorry about the fuss I made. I wanted to get off the boat to play with him but I could only put my paws over the doors and look. Mum wouldn't let me get off. After lunch we went in the car to DogsRUs (Pets at Home) and mum and dad bought us all sorts of chewy goodies, some shampoo and a big new water bowl to take home. When we got back to the marina Toby and I played running in the mud again. It was such good fun. Mum has a new trick - when we are dirty she won't let us inside the boat until we are dry. She puts us on our deck leads and we have to stay on the deck at the back of the boat until she has rubbed us with towels and we have dried off a bit.

Pat from the office, Meg's mum, gave mum copies of pictures of the marina in the winter. It looked really cold.

I think we are going home tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment